Bankstown Local Services
Bankstown ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Bankstown site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Bankstown Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Bankstown When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Bankstown Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Bankstown Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Bankstown ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Bankstown and a Place to Meet
The bankstown.nsw.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Bankstown
Bankstown, located in the south-western region of Sydney, Australia, is a bustling suburb that dates back to the late 18th century. Here are some interesting facts about this vibrant and diverse town:
1. Bankstown was named after Sir Joseph Banks, who was a botanist on Captain James Cook's first voyage to Australia in 1770.
2. Bankstown is the third most populous suburb in Sydney, with a current population of nearly 35,000 people.
3. Bankstown is home to a large Muslim community, with several mosques and Islamic centers located throughout the town.
4. The Bankstown Airport, established in 1940, played a crucial role during World War II as a training ground for Australian pilots.
5. Bankstown is known for its rich cultural diversity, with large populations of Lebanese, Vietnamese, and Chinese residents.
6. Bankstown has a strong sporting culture, with several local football, rugby, and cricket clubs.
7. The Bankstown Arts Center, located in the heart of the town, provides a range of artistic programs and events for residents and visitors.
8. The Bankstown City Gardens covers 16 hectares of land and features picnic areas, walking trails, and a large lake.
9. The Bankstown Public School, founded in 1880, is one of the oldest educational institutions in the region.
10. Bankstown is well-connected to other parts of Sydney, with easy access to major highways and public transportation systems.
Whether you're interested in history, culture, or outdoor activities, Bankstown has something to offer. Plan a visit today to experience all that this vibrant and welcoming town has to offer.