Bankstown Visitor Information
Welcome to Bankstown
Bankstown is a suburb located in the south-west of Sydney, Australia. It is a bustling hub of activity and home to a diverse community of over 30,000 people. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, there is something for everyone in Bankstown.
Getting to Bankstown
Bankstown is easily accessible by car or public transport. The closest airport is Sydney Airport, which is approximately 15km away. There are also regular train and bus services that operate to and from the suburb.
Things to Do
- Visit the Bankstown Arts Centre - This centre showcases the work of local artists and has a range of exhibitions and events throughout the year.
- Explore the Bankstown City Gardens - This park is a great spot for picnics, walks and enjoying the outdoors.
- Shop at Bankstown Central Shopping Centre - This shopping centre has a range of stores, including major department stores, specialty shops and restaurants.
- Visit the Bankstown Sports Club - This club has a range of facilities, including a gym, swimming pool, restaurants, a cinema and a range of events and entertainment throughout the year.
Where to Stay
There are a range of accommodation options available in Bankstown, including hotels, motels and serviced apartments. Some popular options include:
- Travelodge Hotel Bankstown Sydney
- Gardenia Motor Inn
- High Flyer Hotel
- BreakFree Bankstown International
Where to Eat
Bankstown has a range of restaurants and cafes that cater for all tastes and budgets. Some popular options include:
- The Kana Cafe
- The Lebanese Bakery
- The Terrace Thai Restaurant
- Il Lago Italian Restaurant
When to Visit
Bankstown is a great place to visit all year round. The summer months (December to February) are the warmest and busiest, with plenty of outdoor activities and events taking place. Autumn (March to May) is a popular time to visit, with comfortable temperatures and local festivals and events. Winter (June to August) can be chilly, but there are still plenty of indoor activities and events to enjoy. Spring (September to November) is a great time to visit, with mild temperatures and beautiful spring blooms throughout the suburb.
Bankstown is a vibrant and exciting suburb with something for everyone. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you will find plenty of activities, accommodation and dining options to suit your needs. Come and experience the best of Bankstown for yourself!