Bankstown Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Bankstown Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing bankstown.nsw.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Bankstown for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Bankstown?
Bankstown Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums, and Historical Venues in and Around Bankstown
Bankstown boasts many cultural and historical sites that offer visitors the opportunity to explore the rich heritage of the area, as well as contemporary art and culture. Here are some of the top galleries, museums, and historical venues in and around Bankstown.
1. Bankstown Arts Centre - This vibrant and contemporary multi-arts space showcases the work of emerging and established artists from the local and wider community. It hosts a range of exhibitions, workshops, and events and is located on Olympic Parade in Bankstown.
2. Incinerator Art Space - Located in Willoughby Park, just a short drive from Bankstown, the Incinerator Art Space is a beautifully restored gallery that showcases the work of emerging and established artists. It offers a diverse program of exhibitions and events and is housed in a unique historical building.
3. Art Est. Art School and Gallery - This unique art school and gallery is located in Leichhardt, just a short drive from Bankstown. It offers a range of art classes and workshops, as well as a diverse program of exhibitions featuring emerging and established artists.
1. Bankstown Museum - This small but fascinating museum is located in the Bankstown Library and showcases the history of the Bankstown area. It features a range of exhibits and artifacts, including photographs, documents, and objects from everyday life in the past.
2. Liverpool Regional Museum - Located in Liverpool, just a short drive from Bankstown, the Liverpool Regional Museum tells the story of the Liverpool area and its people through a range of exhibits and programs. It features a collection of artifacts and photographs, as well as interactive displays and educational programs.
3. Powerhouse Museum - Located in Ultimo, just a short train ride from Bankstown, the Powerhouse Museum is one of Australia's largest and most visited museums. It showcases the history of science, technology, and design through a range of interactive displays and exhibits. It also features a range of temporary exhibitions and events throughout the year.
1. Bankstown Town Square - This beautiful outdoor space in the heart of Bankstown features a range of historical artifacts and monuments, including the Bankstown Bicentennial Memorial Fountain and the Druitt Town Cottage. It is a popular spot for community events and gatherings.
2. Old Government House - Located in Parramatta, just a short drive from Bankstown, Old Government House is one of Australia's oldest public buildings. It was built in 1799 and served as the residence of the Governor of New South Wales until 1855. It is now a museum and cultural center that showcases the history of the area.
3. Elizabeth Farm - This beautiful colonial home is located in Parramatta and is one of Australia's oldest surviving homesteads. It was built in 1793 by John and Elizabeth Macarthur and features a range of historical artifacts and exhibits that showcase life in colonial Australia.
Bankstown and its surrounding areas boast a rich cultural and historical heritage that is showcased through a range of galleries, museums, and historical venues. Whether you're a local resident or a visitor to the area, these sites offer a unique and fascinating glimpse into the past and present of this vibrant community.
Bankstown Galleries and Museums Articles